Wednesday, November 23, 2011

drawing on lorna

Things have been VERY slow on the art making front since moving. I actually have a proper studio here - so exciting! In a shed away from the house (and the computer!). However, it's actually not usable yet - it's full of stuff, some of it mine and some of it not! We've had the builders here taking out the roller door and replacing it with a ranch slider for more lovely light, and concreting the floor and filling in the open wall on the adjoining shed. This work is almost finished, just waiting for a new roller door, so I'll soon be able to take out all the junk from my studio and put it in the shed, and some visa versa!

This week at art group we are having a lino cutting workshop. So last week I thought I'd better start drawing some ideas down before sitting in the workshop with a blank mind. I used a Sharpie pen and drew on pages from an old copy of Lorna Doone that I scavenged out of the free bin. I think some of the older ladies at art group were a bit horrified at me drawing on a book! Someone else after looking at my drawings said they were great so why am I bothering to make lino prints! Watch this space and see if the prints look anything like the drawings....




The last one won't be made into a print, as it'll be too tricky for me!

2 comments:

  1. They look great. I had to look up this book- I had never heard of it, but I am now intrigued. Love it that you shocked the some of the oldies - sounds like a good goal ;) Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're great, I love that windswept tree one :)

    ReplyDelete