Friday, June 29, 2012

sewing love

My sewing machine and I have kissed and made up. No more tension troubles, it's all just plain sailing sewing from now on ....... thanks to my best friend coming over and reading the instruction manual VERY carefully. Yes I was using the wrong bobbins, only a couple of millimetres wrong, but that's enough to make everyone jumpy and jittery and not happy. So to celebrate this wonderful new phase in our relationship, I had to sew. It took me a few moments to work out what I wanted to do, then I remembered I wanted to make zippered pouches/purses. I googled a tutorial and followed it very carefully although it all sounded terribly convoluted. Which it was, I then had to uppick what I'd done and redo it without the convoluted, clever-dick steps. And to my amazement I made something! So I quickly made two more, and then the next day I had to raid the op shops of Motueka to find more zips and I made two more.



All of the fabric is out of my large bag of assorted table linen, which I've been buying because I can't bear to leave things at the op shop. The fun bit is matching up some other interesting fabric, another napkin, sheet or pillowcase for the lining.
So I'll be making some more for the craft market in November, and have popped some into my very neglected and unloved Felt shop.

I also finished off another "End of the Line" brooch - it was a commission from the June market. I know it took me almost a month to make one tiny wee brooch!
It's the last week of term, so I think that has helped me get cracking. Because I also so did some painting! It's still a work in progress, but I can share a wee 8x8 canvas I did last week for an art gallery fundraiser. I actually found it quite hard to work on such a small scale. It's called "Atomic Flower'.

1 comment:

  1. The zip pouches are gorgeous with those fab fabrics x

    ReplyDelete