Sunday, February 3, 2013

a long, hot summer

Yes it's been what feels like a long, hot summer. And it's not over yet, the kids go back to school on the 7th which seems so late! It's because we have two public holidays this week, so most primary schools have chosen to wait til they are over.

January flew by without me venturing near this blog! I've not been sure whether to return, but have decided to keep at it, as one of the reasons I started in the first place was as a diary for myself. So I'm going back to basics. I'm not going to change the world, I'm not going to attract 100s of followers, I'll just be me.

The hubby had 10 days in India, which wasn't the easiest on us with the school holidays. I'm not a super-mum, I don't plan fun-filled, action packed days. I seem to have to tell them to turn the tv off and get outside, a lot. I've been preoccupied with my craftiness as have markets coming up. So when hubby returned from India we headed to Golden Bay for two nights. It was just what we all needed. We hired a bach (kiwi for holiday home) at Patons Rock, which is my favourite spot.



We kayaked, collected mussels off the rocks, tried to catch fish and swam in the sea, even me. On the second night as we drove back from having dinner at the bach friends were staying at we spotted the most amazing full moon rising.



 If you follow me on instagram you'll already seen the following photos I took on our last walk along the road past the cute old bachs, then back up via the beach.



 Farewell Patons Rock, till next time.











4 comments:

  1. Hello Sue,
    Glad you decided to continue blogging...I would miss you....your incredible photos and your art!
    Look at these photos.....you see what I mean gives me a fantastic insight into a wonderful place on the other side of the world. Patons Rock looks very but very nice and those houses oh my I love those houses.
    What's a bach?

    Do you want more followers? I can give you a mention on my blog if you would like?

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you said about writing for yourself as opposed to being worried about the number of followers rings true for me as well...

    and i have to tell you how much i enjoyed your photos of summer
    especially since we are hunkering down for an expected snow storm here...it was nice to see some sunny, warm photos for a bit!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so amazing! I could feel the warmth on my skin on this very cold day here in the states! I'm glad you had a nice vacation.

    So happy you're going to continue to blog! I really enjoy reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally,
    I found it more difficult to blog last summer when I wanted to be outside enjoying the light evenings and the fresh air. Your short break looks wonderful, those beaches are huge and love the bachs, and the moon light on the water. Hope things are less hectic with the children returning to school.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete